YOUR FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE1
Use Salinex ProTect® every day to help prevent the spread of viruses like the common cold.
Salinex ProTect® unique formula forms a protective barrier in the nasal passage that reduces the ability of common viruses to spread and multiply.
USE Salinex ProTect® DAILY
You wash your hands to prevent the spread of viruses. What about your nose? Salinex Protect® creates a protective layer in the nasal cavity that helps to reduce the spreading and proliferation of the common cold virus. Plus, Salinex Protect® helps to reduce the duration of cold symptoms by reducing the viral load in nasal secretions.
Include Salinex Protect® as a part of your daily hygiene regime, just like brushing your teeth.
- Helps rinse away contagious viruses and irritating allergens
- Helps in the early treatment of viral infectious diseases like the common cold
- Helps to control viruses’ ability to spread and multiply
- Helps to reduce the duration of symptoms by reducing the viral load in nasal secretions
- Provides symptomatic relief for nasal congestion and runny nose
- Helps to moisten dry nasal mucosa
- Provides symptomatic relief of cold symptoms such as nasal congestion and runny nose following an upper respiratory tract infection
HOW YOU CATCH A VIRUS LIKE A COLD
A cold virus spreads through tiny droplets that are released into the air or onto surfaces when an infected person sneezes, coughs, or blows their nose.
You may become infected when:
- A person with a virus sneezes, coughs, or blows their nose near you
- You touch your nose, eyes, or mouth after you have touched something contaminated by the virus, such as a pen, a teddy bear or a countertop.
Once a virus reaches the nose or mouth, it attaches itself to the nasal lining where it can multiply and spread.
By regularly washing your hands and rinsing your nasal passages with Salinex Protect® you help rinse away viruses before they have a chance to infect your nasal lining.
Salinex Protect® SO SIMPLE TO USE
Spray one dose 1-3 times per day into each nostril.
For additional information, or to learn more about the proper use of this product, be sure to read the product leaflet before use.
Spray one dose 3 times per day into each nostril.
Spray one dose into each nostril as a part of your daily hygiene regimen (when you normally brush your teeth)
Medicinal ingredients (per mL):
Iota-Carrageenan 1.2 mg
Sodium chloride 0.5%
Store under normal storage conditions and below 25°C.
Protect from sunlight.
A study1 has shown that Salinex ProTect® is effective when used within 48 hours of the onset of cold symptoms. The viral load in the nasal cavities of subjects having used Salinex ProTect® at an early stage was reduced by 92% after the 3rd and 4th days. In this same period, subjects who were given a placebo experienced a viral load increase of 579%.
Source: 1Eccles R. et al. Efficacy and safety of an antiviral Iota-Carrageenan nasal spray: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled exploratory study in volunteers with early symptoms of the common cold. Journal of Respiratory Research. 2010; 11:108-117.